Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What the fuck it wrong with Powerlifting USA?

Generally speaking I like the periodical Powerlifting USA. In a sense it’s the only show in town but I still enjoy reading it every month. One of the interviewers is a bit of a sanctimonious cunt with all his Bush bashing and pro drug bullshit and there is a Westside bent to the publication but I suppose there is a certain amount of preaching to the choir going on. I have no interest in Westside stuff right now because I don’t ingest massive amount of drugs to enhance my performance…oops… I meant to say “restoratives”.  I also don’t consider waddling around like some circus side show freak crammed into a squat suit that could snugly fit Twiggy in her heyday as lifting. I don’t want to go too far down this road. I'll save my distaste for Westside for another day.

Here’s my main gripe with PL USA. I subscribed for years and then ended my subscription about 7 years ago because they never sent me my monthly copy at least not until I called and emailed them like 2 times every fucking month. I had heard they had changed and that they had a slick new format so I subscribed for another year. But wouldn’t you know it I am experiencing the same damm problems. It's February 16th and I still don’t have this month’s issue. I had to call last month as well. I sent them an e-mail and still no response. Now I have seen this month's issue for weeks now at the health food store I go to. Fuck it. I may as well just get it there from now on.

Of course they have my money for a year so I’m stuck chasing them down every month. What customer service! Or maybe I should say: What customer service? Or should that be: What? Customer service? I mean really people is it that difficult. At the begining of each month put Rant’s address on the new issue, lick a stamp and place the motherfucker in the GD mail box. Is this really that difficult?  Geez.

1 comment:

  1. There hasn't been much new in that mag for years. And I don't understand why not. There's new training ideas being developed all the time, but Plusa seems to be stuck on one or two lifting authors.

    When I subscribed to monthly comic Donald Duck, and this was a while back, my friends would get it before me. They knew all the news and I didn't. Were laughing, happy and carefree days before mine arrived.

    That's just bad marketing.

    ReplyDelete