Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Only the begining

Welcome to The World According To Rant. I am Rant and I ran the now defunct Moynihan Institute for 11 years. All good things must come to an end and a hacker expedited things for me. Since my site was so easily hacked I ended my service with freeserver.com. They really dropped the ball on this but what the hell I was paying a lot of money to them and to keep my domain name. I don't need that anymore. The Moynihan Institute started was back in 2000 around March 17.


I shared the site with another cat that is now a Mormon and we had a stable of writers that wrote hard edged political and social commentary. It was fun stuff and we got into all kinds of trouble with lawsuits and hackers and other anti free speech groups that passed themselves off as civil rights groups or morality groups. We had a lot of fun but we started spiraling out of control with the one-upmanship that simply led to hate. My partner became a Mormon and the other guys burnt out on writing and I was left holding the ball. I started to realize that my core group of readers was primarily military, cops, skin heads and KKK types. Shades of gray my friends. Shades of gray.


At this point I decide to switch the format of the Moynihan Institute over to a site focused primarily on health and fitness from the perspective of a regular guy not looking to sell anybody anything and not invested in any methods or modalities. I plan on keeping this up and being as frank and forthright as I have always been but I would like to break free of all the baggage associated with the Moynihan Institute. I will also talk about other issues that strike my fancy. I have got some plans to change things up a bit as well. This has always been a method of amusing myself. I have never cared what anyone thought of what I had to say and am not looking to make friends. This is not real life. It’s just a guy spouting off about things so don’t get your panties too bunched up about what I have to say. It the end it’s not really all that important.



No comments:

Post a Comment