Wow has there been a lot of drama lately. Those dudes over at IGX are some first rate drama queens and downright homos. Let me just clarify because those girls over at IGX have gotten hysterical over this whole mess. It all started when someone over at IGX either Shaf, SAR or Mario decided to fuck with my rights to IGX. I went round and round with the mods over reestablishing my password only to get fucked with over and over. I even had to resort to sock puppets which I have never done but sooner or later they would find me and the banning would start all over again. Then when I was let back in I gave them all a piece of my mind couple with some pretty killer posts at the now defunct Moynihan Institute. The got some dirt all riled up to the point of hacking my site and destroying all my files. There is no shortage of internet tough guys.
But none of this had had any effect on me or my mission. I starting new here at The World According to Rant and I hope to be doing this for the next 100 years in the straight forward fashion I always have. I promise to stop talking all this shit about IGX and hackers. They don’t concern me in the least anymore. I have much bigger fish to fry.
As I may have mention a while back I am planning on lifting in a national AAU powerlifting meet this May. I have been conditioning myself by doing primarily Don Blue 10x10 workouts with excellent results. I feel as resilient and strong as ever and I am not dicking around with all these prehab/rehab rituals or subscribing to any outlandish and radical diets like Paleo, The Zone or any other such lunatic fringe practices. For me it’s simply meat and potatoes and lots and lots of work under the barbell. I walk back and forth to work 20 minutes each way 5 days a week and that takes care of any sort of additional conditioning I may need. I steam on Saturday afternoons and I make an appointment for a rub at the rub school once a month. I can no longer bring myself to use the word massage with its gay overtones and Frechness. Fuck the French.
At this point I am 12 weeks out from my meet. I am strongly considering doing 2 cycles of Jim Wendler’s 5/3/1. I have always championed this routine and if all goes well with my results this could really put Wendler on the map. I don’t like many fitness celebrities but when I do endorse one their popularity seems to go through the roof. Case in point would be Dan John. I’m not saying that I discovered him but you have to admit that when the Moynihan Institute endorsed him it nothing but Dan John this and Dan John that all over the internet. So Jim Wendler if you do read this blog you might want to see how this works out.
Conversely I ruined careers of those I deem to be charlatans and nut jobs. I was given a modified Russian Squat routine of master’s lifter by a trainer that shall remain nameless. His program sucked and my squat actually went down. His career has all been down hill since. Coincidence? I-don't-think-so.
I am still happy to report that I am not using kettlebells, club bells, shake weights, the gazelle or any other gay gimmick and gadget that has come down the pike over the last decade and rubber bands and chains and that sort of stuff has never appealed to me. It’s too messy and complicated for me. I just want to get under the iron, get some work done and have some fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment